Sunday, July 21, 2013

Liebster Blog Award


Thank you so much to Kelli over at Love N 3rd Grade for nominating me for this award.  I feel very honored for her selecting me!  She nominated me last week when I had very poor internet service, but I am home now where I can write and thank her and fulfill my nomination acceptance duties!

I have nominated the following 3 blogs:
In order to accept the nomination, we must: 
Link back the blogs that nominated us
Nominate 3-5 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
Answer the questions posted by the nominators
Share 11 random facts about myself 
Create 11 questions for my nominees
Contact my nominees and let them know I have nominated them

11 questions for me
Why do you blog?
I blog for reflection and because I love sharing.  I blog for me sometimes, and if my readers are sweet enough to read it, then bless them!

What is your favorite book for a read aloud?
I love reading aloud the Magic Tree House series when I get a chance to.  My kids love them and so do I!

Are you a good dancer?
I am a TERRIBLE dancer.  I am not sure the word terrible is strong enough truly!

Do you have a favorite teacher/education website?
http://www.middleschoolscience.com/ is my go to site for many ideas for my Junior High Students... I visit it on a regular basis!  I wish that the website wasn't up for sale :(
My other big teacher life saver is Dropbox!  Saves my life!

What are you most excited about for the new school year?
I am excited to get back into my classroom.  I miss my students!  I get to have most of my kiddos again, and I am excited because I know where we are and where we are going!  I am loving this teaching them for multiple years ideas.  I am also excited to see the new ceiling work and new tiles I am supposed to be getting thanks to the F1 tornado (see previous post).

What subject do you love to teach the most?
Well, that is a tough one.  I love teaching Science, but Math runs a very close second!

How do you handle a tough day on the education field?
A few intense games of bowling with my competitive coaching husband usually lets me unwind, but if we cannot bowl that night, then I turn into a complete nerd and resort to World of Warcraft (yes, I am one of those people).

Which holiday break is your favorite?
Spring Break is by far my favorite.  It is the one time of year I don't have to go, go, go... I get a few minutes to breathe which doesn't happen any other time of the year.

Which is better... pens or pencils?
For me personally, I like pen.  I don't like the way writing with pencil feels, but if I write with pencil it is always mechanical.  It is a sensory thing for me!

Favorite type of music?
My music loves are very random.  For those of you familiar with Sirius XM, my favorites set in my car are Prime Country, The Highway, The Pulse, The Blend, and 90s on 9.  I also love jazz and classical music and very much miss living in the city where I can go to the orchestra concerts.

Favorite piece of advice to share with educators?


11 RANDOM Facts about Me
1. I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ and His saving grace. 
2. I am a country girl to the core!
3. My favorite colors are red and blue.
4. I believe short people should stay on the ground, hence my fear of ladders.
5. My nieces and my nephew are the loves of my life!
6. My 2nd anniversary is Tuesday and I am in love with my husband :)!
7. My favorite candy is Starburst.
8. I am allergic to strawberries and shellfish.
9. I love, love, love the rain. It calms my soul.
10. I am a travel bug, and wish I could travel more with my hubby!
11. If it is sunny, I want to be out on the jet ski!


11 questions for my nominees
1. Why do you blog?
2. What is the one supply you cannot live without in your classroom?
3. What piece of advice do like to share with new teachers?
4. How many different grade levels have you taught?
5. What is the funniest thing that has ever happened in your classroom?
6. How do you handle the tough days?
7. What is your favorite movie?
8. What is the one lesson you really look forward to all year?
9. What is your favorite quote?
10. As a student, what was your favorite subject?  Is it still your favorite to teach?
11. What is your favorite app?


Again, THANK YOU for nominating me!  I am still learning, but I look forward to connecting with people!  Now can someone tell me where you get those cute blog backgrounds from?????

No comments:

Post a Comment